DISCOVER HOW GHG EMISSIONS &
Experiment with operational and financial
As a decision maker, you're responsible for managing the financial and operational complexity of evolving GHG requirements, and associated compliance.
Profit maximization is also top of mind.
With multiple assets, across more than one jurisdiction, with various emission output levels, how do you know your operations are optimized? Are you taking advantage of all financial opportunities?
This is where Stream Systems can help.
We develop agile strategic planning software that enables decisions makers to experiment with various models to test financial and operational what-if scenarios and sensitivities to help adapt to changing requirements.
Understand the GHG Aggregate Tax Payable View
Input all active assets and facility networks, including historic and projected production and GHG emissions, with associated forecasted probability of tax regimes. The user can generate a series of sensitivity analyses using distinct manipulation scenarios with a wide range of data variability and assumptions to project various tax/levy payable views. This will help the user proactively plan the tax payments, control operations and productions, and project emissions to ensure GHG emissions compliance occurs with the emission targets.
Determine Optimal GHG Emissions Trading
Various jurisdictions have specific carbon policy, bylaw's, emission reduction targets and allowable emissions. For instance, the European Commission (EU) has developed a cap and trade system that allows inter-jurisdictional trading of GHG emissions with the scope of controlling and reducing the mass international GHG emissions. Currently, California and Quebec have developed a cap and trade system similar to the EU, which will be joined by Ontario in 2017. Stream Systems’ tool can help the user optimize its emission trading in three respects:
- Internally among its own facilities within a given jurisdiction
- Among its own facilities within different jurisdiction and regimes
- Among other facilities (not owned by the user) from the same jurisdiction or from various jurisdictions
This will help the user to effectively plan short and long-term emissions trading, and understand the sensitivity of the system based on historic data, forecasted variability and/or confidence in projections, as well as experiment with various scenarios to better understand future climate change risk.
Asset Acquisition and Divestiture
Stream's software enables the user to:
- Plan to acquire or divest assets to either optimize production, enhance profits, minimize the emissions costs, or augment the total tax payables
- Manipulate the various anticipated scenarios. For instance, new facility acquisition and the potential additional impact to the emissions threshold, tax or levy payments, the carbon permits, and/or cap-and-trade costs
- Model a more complicated scenario. For instance, divestiture of an aged facility with higher emissions and acquisition of a new facility (i.e., renewable energy facility, or a production facility)
- Model various production options to find the most optimal tax/levy or cap-and-trade costs of the overall system